Level 2: Guided Surgery Technology
What is the Hands-on Guided Surgery Technology Curriculum?
This course is designed for dentists already placing dental implants that want to progress to fully guided implant surgery. This course focuses on guided surgical principles and protocols for guided implant placement success. At the completion of this course, doctors should have the knowledge and confidence to confidently place implants with guided surgery. Guided implant surgery will improve patient experiences, reduce chair time, improve safety and produce more predictable implant surgery results.
Guided Surgery Implant Placement Curriculum – Day One and Day Two
- CBCT Navigation and Implant Planning
- Initial Planning and Site Selection using CBCT
- Review of Surgical Equipment and Procedures
- Surgical Guide Types and Selection
- Single Tooth Guides
- Multiple Tooth Guides
- Totally Edentulous Guides
- Guided Surgery Advantages
– What is Guided Surgery?
– Restorative Driven Placement
- Review of Soft Tissue Management
– Punch vs. Flap
– Flap Management
– Healing Cap vs. Cover Screw vs. Temp Crown
- Getting Started
– Site Selection
– Guide Selection
– Guided Surgery Surgical Techniques
Live Guided Surgical Placement
– Guided Single Tooth Placement for Each Attending Doctor
CE Credits: 20
Includes 2 Staff Members Free
IMPORTANT: The attendance of 2 staff members is included in your tuition. We strongly encourage you to bring staff as it will make the implementation much easier when you get back to your office.
If you want to participate in the live patient surgery on Day 3 (strongly encouraged) you will be required to submit to us the following 45 days before the course:
• A current copy of your license and malpractice coverage
If you want to participate in the live surgery you are required to bring a patient. We require a CBCT scan of your patient in a DICOM format. Please also send us a stone model of the surgical site. Let us know if you any questions. If you cannot provide a patient, we can provide a patient for you for an additional $500. A surgical guide, implant and healing abutment will be provided to you for the surgical placement.
Eligible sites for your surgical patient are maxillary or mandibular bicuspids and first molars.